WHAT IS DANDRUFF?
- Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells (flakes) from the scalp.
- Some people experience excessive flaking (chronic) as a result of certain triggers.
- Other associated problems are redness, itching and irritation.
WHAT HAPPENS IN DANDRUFF?
- Caused by Pityrosporum ovale, a yeast like lipophilic fungus and by Candida species.
- New cells on the scalp are produced at a faster rate than they die resulting in dandruff.
- Severity of dandruff worsens in winter.
- Dandruff is a common scalp disorder affecting almost half of the population at the pre-pubertal age and of any gender and ethnicity.